The Center is internationally recognized for our high impact applied research. We take a collaborative approach to research and have worked with federal agencies, medical associations, foundations, universities, and industry partners.
Our expertise in action
The Center has published more than 100 peer-reviewed journal publications in top-tier journals such as JAMA, JAMA Pediatrics, and Health Affairs. See a list of our top publications here.
Research excellence and R01 awards
Research Project Grant (R01) awards from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services are among the most prestigious grant mechanisms.
Our top leaders are the principal investigators (PIs) on five Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)-funded R01s that focus on:
- analyzing and addressing primary care accessibility surrounding COVID-19;
- easing medication-related safety event reporting, evaluation, and intervention;
- improving the safety of electronic medication administration records;
- establishing usability and safety guidelines for health information technology; and
- developing technology to support emergency department communication.
They also serve as PIs on two National Institutes of Health (National Library of Medicine)-funded R01s on developing effective clinical decision support and better leveraging unstructured patient safety event report data to advance care.
For more information about our research work or to explore possible collaboration opportunities, please contact us at HFInfo@medstar.net.