Follow us on social media for the most up to date information: Instagram: @georgetownorthopaedics
In accordance with the guidelines in place by the Georgetown University School of Medicine and the AAMC, we will be participating in a virtual residency recruitment process. We invite any 4th year medical student interested in our urology residency program to participate in our many virtual opportunities. We will be holding Hoya Happy Hours throughout the summer and fall to give applicants a sense of our program, faculty, and current residents.
Hoya Happy Hour Town Halls
- August 24, 7 p.m. EST
- September date TBD
This time will be spent discussing our program and addressing topics of interest. Faculty and current residents will be available to virtually answer your questions. Click here to register and submit your questions. Zoom link will be sent the date of your registered session.
Other Hoya Happy Hour events and dates to come. Follow us on social media for the most up to date information.
Application and Match Information
The MedStar Georgetown program participates in the National Residency Matching Program. We are seeking to fill four positions in the match.
Residency Application Guidelines
Applications must be complete and submitted by October 21.
Candidates must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following documents are needed in order to have your application reviewed:
- ERAS common application form
- USMLE Step 1 transcript (and Step 2 CK and CS when available) (required)
- Osteopathic applicants: your COMLEX scores will be accepted and reviewed, but USMLE CK scores are still required. Either USMLE Step II CS or COMLEX Clinical Skills exam are acceptable.
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Dean's Letter (the Selection Committee is aware that this will not be available by 9/15)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation, including one departmental support letter ("Chair's letter"); additional letters are welcome.
Neither application review nor invitation for a formal interview will be made unless the application is complete.
Only J1 visas are sponsored through MedStar Georgetown University Hospital.
Applications will be reviewed beginning October 15, and virtual interviews will be held on the following dates:
- Friday, 12/11: 12 to 4 p.m. EST
- Saturday, 12/12: 8 a.m to 12 p.m. EST
- Friday, 1/8: 12 to 4 p.m. EST
- Saturday, 1/9: 8 a.m to 12 p.m. EST
If selected for an interview you will be notified via the ERAS post office, and interviews will be scheduled via the Interview Broker platform.
Each candidate will be interviewed virtually by various members of our faculty, including Dr. Kessler, Program Director, and Dr. Wiesel, Chair of the department.
For further information regarding our residency program, please contact our program coordinator, Kim Hall, at [email protected].