MHRI employs hundreds of research professionals throughout the MedStar system. Human Resources (HR) works strategically with hospital administrators, department managers, and principal investigators to hire, retain, and develop the finest research workforce.
MHRI’s Total Rewards Program is our way of sharing our success with associates. At MHRI, you'll receive an outstanding benefits package that is comprehensive to meet your needs and flexible to match your individual lifestyle.
The benefits package includes multiple options for both medical (including prescription) and dental plans and a supplemental vision plan. You and MHRI share the cost of coverage, and your contribution is paid with pre-tax dollars. Basic life, short-term and long-term disability, and basic life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance are also provided to MHRI associates.*
In addition to insurance, MHRI associates are also able to take advantage of other benefits offered to them, including:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal Resources
- Two types of FSA accounts: HealthCare and Dependent Care
- Retirement savings plan
- SmartTrip Benefits
- Purchasing discounts through the BenefitHub and Wellness Codes
MHRI offers a variety of leaves. Here are some examples:
- Holidays. MHRI offers 7 holidays and 2 personal holidays each year for associates who are in full-time benefit-eligible positions. Part-time associates receive half the holidays.
- Paid Time Off. If you are in a benefit-eligible position, you will receive paid leave from work depending on the number of hours you are regularly scheduled to work and your length of service. Accruals are pro-rated for part-time eligible associates.
Training and Development
You'll be able to take advantage of our on-going career development opportunities including in-house training and educational assistance. MHRI encourages and supports professional growth by providing educational assistance to all eligible associates. Associates are encouraged to engage in a continuous learning process and to advance their skills in areas that will develop their personal satisfaction at work and in the larger community. Associates are also encouraged to join professional organizations where they are afforded the opportunity to network and utilize the services provided as a resource for knowledge to enhance their performance and contribution to their area.
*This summary gives highlights of our benefit programs. It is not intended to be a full or complete description of any plan. MHRI reserves the right to amend, suspend, or discontinue any of its benefit plans at any time.
Contact the MHRI HR Department
Human Resources Department
6525 Belcrest Road, Suite 700
Hyattsville, Maryland 20782
E-mail: [email protected]