A comprehensive team approach to behavioral health services
Our team of behavioral health professionals provides comprehensive care services to diagnose and treat children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric individuals who struggle with a behavioral health condition. There are many reasons to choose MedStar Health:
- High standards for quality of care
- A collaborative and comprehensive team
- Dedicated to compassionate and culturally competent care
- A continuum of care including outpatient, partial hospitalization and inpatient
- Psychiatric emergency services
We care for our patients through specialized inpatient, outpatient, and integrated care, including assistance with medical conditions.
To help manage chronic health conditions and encourage a focus on comprehensive wellness, we partner with patients’ primary care physicians and other health professionals. We work together as a team to find a treatment plan that is tailored to each patient’s needs.
- Inpatient adult psychiatry
- Adult partial hospitalization /Intensive outpatient programs
- Adult outpatient programs
- Inpatient adolescent psychiatry
- Inpatient adolescent psychiatry unit at MedStar Montgomery
- Inpatient adolescent psychiatry unit at MedStar Franklin Square
- Adolescent partial hospitalization /Intensive outpatient programs
- Adolescent partial hospitalization/Intensive outpatient at MedStar Montgomery
- Child and adolescent outpatient programs
- Center for Children and Families at MedStar Georgetown
- WISE Center at MedStar Georgetown
- Launch Clinic at MedStar Georgetown
- Outpatient child and adolescent at MedStar Franklin Square
- Outpatient child and adolescent at MedStar Montgomery
- Geriatric psychiatry services
Our team is regularly published in the healthcare literature. We are also involved in community-based research and innovation, including the Safe Babies, Safe Moms Project, a $30 million grant from the Clark Foundation focusing on maternal and early childhood health.
The Holistic Healing Arts Retreat: An Intensive, Experiential Intervention for Survivors of Interpersonal Trauma: This study examined the effectiveness of an intensive, experiential intervention, the Holistic Healing Arts Retreat, for improving posttraumatic symptoms (primary) and comorbid depression and perceived stress (secondary).