Browse this page
Welcome to physical therapy at McLean
Our physical therapy team provides a full range of care for general orthopedic, musculoskeletal, and neurological rehabilitation. The center features expertise in sports medicine, focusing on early intervention after injury for amateur and professional athletes. Our therapists also develop individualized training regimens to promote safe performance and prevent re-injury for athletes of all ages.
Visiting physical therapy at McLean
Monday: 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Thursday: 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
We proudly accept most major health plans. The list below serves as a guide and is subject to change. If you are unsure about your coverage, please call your insurance provider. Insurance is collected prior to scheduling services.
List of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna (Most products excluding some Health Exchange Plans & Medicare Advantage PFFS)
- Amerigroup - MD sites only; under 21 only
- Anthem Healthkeepers HMO/POS & OA/Medicaid HMO (Virginia locations only)
- Anthem BCB of VA Key Care POS/PPO/Indemnity— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Anthem FEP Standard and Basi— VA sites only and 102 Irving St.
- Carefirst BlueChoice (HMO/Open Access/Opt Out) Plus Open Access (POS/BlueChoice Advantage)
- CareFirst BCBS (Blue Preferred PPO/FEP (Federal Employee Plan) Standard & Basic PPO/Healthy Blue POS, Indemnity
- CareFirst BCBS of Maryland (POS/PPO/Indemnity)
- Choice Care Network/Humana**
- Cigna (EPO/HMO/POS/PPO/Open Access/Indemnity/Great West)
- Conifer Health Solutions, formerly InforMed
- Coventry of Delaware (HMO/PPO)
- Coventry National PPO
- Coventry of VA
- First Health PPO
- Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN)
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (EHP & USFHP only)
- Kaiser Permanente (Flexible Choice POS/Medicare Plus/Select/Select-Added Choice)
- Kaiser Permanente Signature and Signature Added Choice (Accepted at Irving Street location only)
- Kaiser Permanente MD and VA Medicaid MCO *specialists and Irving Street location only
- Medicare (Part A & B)
- Medicaid (Virginia & DC)*
- Medicaid (Maryland—now accepted at most locations)
- MedStar Family Choice (DC Healthy Families & DC Alliance) (DC locations only for D.C. Alliance)
- MedStar Family Choice (Health Choice—MD Medicaid)
- MedStar Medicare Choice (DC & Maryland residents only)
- MedStar Select
- Peace Corps
- Police and Fire Clinic in D.C. (PFC)
- Priority Partners— MD sites only; UNDER 21 only
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS) Includes Evergreen via PHCS
- TRICARE/HealthNet (Extra/Prime/Standard/TriCare for Life)
- United Healthcare Commercial Plans (Choice HMO/Choice Plus POS/Core HMO/Options PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose Select HMO/Select Plus/Student Resources)
- United Healthcare-MAMSI Plans (MDIPA HMO/MDIPA
- POS/Optimum Choice HMO/Optimum Choice Preferred POS & OCI Direct HMO/MAMSI Life & Health—PPO/Navigate/Indemnity) Compass**
- United Healthcare Community Plan (Maryland Health Choice)
- United Healthcare Medicare Plans (Evercare-Medicare)
- Advantage Special Needs Plans/Erikson
- Advantage/Secure Horizons/AARP Medicare
- Complete Plans/Medicare Solutions/UHC Group
- Medicare Advantage Plans—HMO, POS, PPO
- Veterans Choice Program
- Worker’s Compensation (All therapy locations)
*Medicaid: DC Medicaid and Virginia Medicaid are only accepted at the Irving Street locations. Please refer to the above list for Medicaid MCO participation.
**Coverage not accepted for Inpatient and Outpatient Services rendered at 102 Irving Street, NW, Washington, D.C., main hospital site.
Rebecca Sachdev, PT, CMTPT, Clinical Director
Rebecca Sachdev PT, CMTPT received her bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, India. Rebecca is currently pursuing her Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy from Utica College, NY. Rebecca is a certified myofascial trigger point therapist and is a fellow of applied functional sciences. Rebecca’s rehabilitation specialties include:
Cupping (myofascial decompression)
Functional movement screen
Orthopedic and sports injuries
Alexis Nahill, OTR/L
Alyssa Bleimeyer, MS, CCC-SLP
Alyssa Bleimeyer earned her bachelor’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology and Deaf Studies from Towson University. She also completed her master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from Gallaudet University. Alyssa is certified in Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT LOUD) and specializes in the following rehabilitation areas:
- Aphasia Services
- Brain Injury Recovery
- Stroke Recovery
- Concussion Management and Care
- Dysarthria (Slurred or Slow Speech) Therapy
- Dysphagia (Swallowing) Therapy
- Head and Neck Cancer Rehabilitation
- Parkinson's Disease (LSVT LOUD)
M. Lenora Brasher, OTR/L
Lenora Brasher attended the University of Texas at Austin for her undergraduate degree before completing her master's degree in occupational therapy at Shenandoah University. She is a certified hand therapist (CHT) and specializes in the following:
Pre- and Post-Operative Care
Shoulder, Hand, and Wrist Injuries and Splints
Katie Fair, OTR/L
Katie Fair is an occupational therapist and driver rehabilitation program specialist. Katie received her bachelor's degree in occupational therapy from James Madison University before completing her master's degree in occupational therapy from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She also has two graduate certificates, one in low vision rehab and the other in advanced teaching. Katie is an adjunct faculty and guest lecturer for local Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) programs and has presented at local and national conferences on topics related to post-concussion and vision rehabilitation with the neurological population. Katie’s rehabilitation specialties include:
Focused rigidity casting
Michelle Flewitt, PT, DPT
Michelle Flewitt is a physical therapist at MedStar Health Physical Therapy at McLean. She attended University of Virginia, where she received her bachelor's degree in Biology and Psychology. She also completed her doctoral degree in physical therapy from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Wendy Sloan, PT, DPT
Wendy Sloan received her bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from The University of Alabama. Wendy completed her doctoral degree in physical therapy from Franklin Pierce University. Wendy’s rehabilitation specialties include:
- Orthopedic Injuries and Conditions
Brownrigg Snow, MS, CCC-SLP
Brownrigg Snow began her career with MedStar in 2003. She earned her bachelor's degree in communication disorders from the University of Virginia and her master's degree in speech-language pathology from James Madison University. A co-founder of the Aphasia Mentorship Program, Brownrigg has published and presented on topics related to aphasia. She specializes in the following areas:
Brain Injury Recovery
Concussion Management and Care
Parkinson's disease (LSVT LOUD)
Traumatic brain injury