Committed to the highest-quality care and improving our community’s health
MedStar Franklin Square is proud to celebrate more than 120 years of service to our community and more than 50 years at our campus in eastern Baltimore County. As one of the fastest growing and most highly regarded hospitals in the region, we offer comprehensive, innovative treatment for a wide range of medical conditions.
Learn more about our history and award-winning patient care.
Investing in high-quality patient care
Over the past several years, our hospital has made significant investments in technology and services so we can enhance patient care, safety, and comfort. Enhancements include:
- A state-of-the art $80-million, 82,000-square-foot surgical pavilion—Opened in 2020, it houses 14 ultra-modern operating suites, pre- and post-operative recovery areas, and associate support spaces, all designed to optimize surgical processes, quality of care, safety, and patient outcomes.
- A seven-story Patient Care Tower—This addition to our campus offers a facility that is as advanced as the high-quality care found inside, with many patient-centered touches to create a safe, comfortable, healing environment.
- Joining forces with MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute—Our cancer programs at MedStar Franklin Square and MedStar Health Bel Air officially became part of MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute, supporting MedStar Health's multidisciplinary model of care.
- Launching our Reconstructive Surgery Center—Our Reconstructive Surgery Center was opened for patients undergoing gender affirmation, cosmetic and reconstructive, and extensive cancer-removing surgeries.
- A new Inpatient Oncology Unit—This new unit provides spacious facilities for patients and families undergoing treatment for cancer.
With more than 3,000 skilled professionals, including over 1,000 nurses, our hospital is one of the largest employers in Baltimore County. We have more than 750 practicing physicians, employed and affiliated, who chose MedStar Franklin Square as their hospital of choice for surgical referrals, radiology, and laboratory services.
Additionally, our hospital continuously invests in community health and wellness initiatives. In 2019, more than $44.6 million was allocated to community benefit programs.
As part of MedStar Health, we have a shared mission to provide safe, high-quality care, excellent service, and education to improve the health of our community.
Our vision is to be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
Truly living our mission and vision means providing you with the information you need about the quality of care we provide. It is important to us that you feel confident in choosing our hospital for yourself and your family. That’s why we’d like to share our SPIRIT values that inform everything we do for you:
- Service: We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Patient First: We strive to deliver the best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity: We communicate openly and honestly, build trust, and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect: We treat each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation: We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork: System effectiveness is built on collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.
Facts and figures
Numbers don’t tell our whole story, but they help to spotlight our capabilities and service to the community.
Fiscal year 2020
Total licensed beds
Total number of physicians
Annual emergency department visits
Annual baby deliveries