Committed to the highest-quality care and improving our community’s health
MedStar Franklin Square is proud to celebrate more than 120 years of service to our community and more than 50 years at our campus in eastern Baltimore County. As one of the fastest growing and most highly regarded hospitals in the region, we offer comprehensive, innovative treatment for a wide range of medical conditions.
Learn more about our history and award-winning patient care.
Investing in high-quality patient care
MedStar Franklin Square provides comprehensive, technology-based surgical services, offering the latest, most innovative treatment for patients with various medical conditions. Our distinguished specialty service lines include medicine, oncology, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, orthopaedics, neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, neurology, neurosurgery, and ambulatory services.
As a tertiary center in northeast Baltimore, we continue recruiting neurology, oncology, and other integrated services experts. In Fiscal Year 2023, we opened our elective cardiac catheterization program (CPORT-E), and became certified as a Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center with the intent of becoming a comprehensive stroke center in the near future. Significant investment has also been made in advancing MedStar Franklin Square’s services by opening a new outpatient neuroscience suite, opening a new Catheterization Lab, an Anatomic Pathology Lab, and expanding access to our outpatient cardiology unit.
With more than 2,600 skilled professionals and over 1000 nurses, our hospital is one of the largest employers in Baltimore County. We have more than 900 practicing physicians, employed and affiliated, who chose MedStar Franklin Square as their hospital of choice in the Baltimore region.
Additionally, our hospital continuously invests in community health and wellness initiatives. In 2022, more than $54.3 million was allocated to community benefit programs. Visit our Community Health page to learn more.
As part of MedStar Health, we have a shared mission to provide safe, high-quality care, excellent service, and education to improve the health of our community.
Our vision is to be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
- Service: We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Patient First: We strive to deliver the best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity: We communicate openly and honestly, build trust, and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect: We treat each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation: We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork: System effectiveness is built on collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.
Facts and figures
Numbers don’t tell our whole story, but they help to spotlight our capabilities and service to the community.
Fiscal year 2023
Total licensed beds
Total number of physicians
Annual emergency department visits
Annual baby deliveries