The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill® uses unique differential air pressure technology that provides accurate, safe, and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy while promoting normal gait patterns.
- Unique unweighting technology provides the opportunity to rehabilitate lower extremities like never before
- Precise partial weight-bearing enables accurate implementation of unweighting protocols not found in any other rehabilitation equipment on the market
- Provides highly effective neuromuscular and proprioceptive retraining
Uses of the anti-gravity treadmill
It is FDA-cleared for the following functional rehabilitation indications:
- Rehabilitation following injury or surgery of the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle, or foot)
- Rehabilitation after total joint replacement
- Strengthening and conditioning in older patients
- Weight control and reduction
- Aerobic and Sport specific conditioning programs
Unlike the simple lift harness devices, AlterG's unweighting system incorporates differential air pressure technology developed by NASA and enhanced by AlterG to provide precise unweighting in one percent increments to as low as 20 percent of the patient's body weight.
The exclusive precision gives patients the ability to set the exact point where exercise becomes pain free and provides clinicians a way to accurately measure patient progress.
- Strengthens and improves coordination of muscles, which in turn protects surrounding joints
- Promotes the full range of motion while minimizing stress during athletic conditioning
- Enables injured athletes to maximize their fitness retention as they recover
Trainers and coaches have found this treadmill to be a ground-breaking training tool that is changing how athletes train and injured people recover free of interference from water or tethers, which transitions seamlessly back to full weight bearing during sports rehabilitation programs.
Until now, there has not been an effective means for athletes to preserve high fitness levels while they are injured. The AlterG permits injured athletes to reach the aerobic intensity of their regular workouts while lowering the impact on their injured body during training.
Distance from Change locationEnter your location
102 Irving St., NW MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital First Floor Washington, DC, 20010
1120 20th St., NW Bldg. 1 North Floor 1 Washington, D.C., 20036
2410 Evergreen Rd. Ste. 100 Gambrills, MD 21054
2 Loveton Circle Suite G-100 Sparks, MD 21152
2118 Greenspring Dr. Ste. 200 Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
5009 Honeygo Center Dr., Ste. 209 Perry Hall, MD 21128
9101 Franklin Square Dr. MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Medical Arts Bldg., Ste. 205 Baltimore, MD 21237
1420 Key Hwy. Ste. 300 Baltimore, MD 21230
2900 South Hanover St. Ste. 102 Baltimore, MD 21225
1100 East 33rd St. Ste. 105 Baltimore, MD 21218
412 Malcolm Dr. Ste. 200 Westminster, MD 21157
12 MedStar Blvd. Ste. 325 Bel Air, MD 21015
9501 Old Annapolis Rd., Dorsey Hall Medical Center Ste. 125 Ellicott City, MD 21042
6410 Rockledge Dr. Ste. 600 Bethesda, MD 20817
5530 Wisconsin Ave. Ste. 960 Chevy Chase, MD 20815
20500 Seneca Meadows Pkwy. Johns Hopkins Wellness Center Ste. 101 Germantown, MD 20876
18109 Prince Philip Dr. Ste. 155 & 355 Olney, MD 20832
13950 Brandywine Rd. Brandywine, MD 20613
6401 America Blvd. Ste. 204 Hyattsville, MD 20782
6196 Oxon Hill Rd., Ste. 450 Oxon Hill, MD 20745
6355 Walker Lane. Ste. 512 Alexandria, VA 22310
4040 N. Fairfax Dr. Ste. 120 Arlington, VA 22203