Getting to MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre
MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre is conveniently located in the “Golden Triangle,” the central business district in downtown Washington, DC, midway between Dupont Circle and the K-Street Corridor. It's minutes from world class restaurants, walking distance to the Metro, walking distance to 11 upscale hotels and less than a mile to the White House. Our campus is comprised of two buildings, both of which are located between L and M, and 20th and 21st Streets Northwest.
MedStar Health at Lafayette Centre
Building 1 - Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Physician Offices
1120 20th Street Northwest, Washington DC 20036
Use parking garage entrance on 20th Street.
Building 2 – Primary and Specialty Care, Imaging and Surgery Center
1133 21st Street Northwest, Washington DC 20036
Use parking garage entrance on 21st Street.
- Dupont Circle Metro Station (0.17 miles)
- Farragut North Metro Station (0.39 miles)
Orange, Silver, Blue:
- Farragut West Metro Station (0.49 miles)
- Foggy Bottom – GWU (0.30 miles)
From Northern Virginia
Take 66 East and take the E Street Exit
Turn Left onto 20th St NW
From South Eastern Maryland
Take the Baltimore-Washington Pkwy in Greenbelt
Merge onto US-50 West/New York Ave NE to Rhode Island Avenue NW
Turn right onto M St NW and turn right onto 20th Street NW
From Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Take MD-355 South/Wisconsin Avenue toward Massachusetts Avenue
Turn right onto 21st St NW
Parking is available at the Lafayette Centre garage. There are two garage entrances: for Building 1, use the 20th Street parking garage entrance; for Building 2, use the 21st Street parking garage entrance.
Reserved 3-hour MedStar patient parking is available. Spots are located in Building 1 on A Level and Building 2 on B Level. If those spots are full, there are also 3-hour general visitor spots available in the same areas.
Parking fees are discounted so you will pay no more than $10 per visit.
- MetroExtra Route (S9)
- Metrobus Local Route (blue) L1, L2, D2, D6, G2, N2, N4, N3, N6
- Metrobus Major Route (red) 30N, 30S, 31, 33, 36, 38B, 42, 43,
- Metrobus Commuter Route (silver) H1
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – DCA: 5.5 miles or $15 taxi
- Washington Dulles International Airport –IAD: 25 miles or $55 taxi
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport – BWI: 36 miles or $75 taxi
To make your visit more accommodating, we've negotiated discounted rates with hotels around the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area for our patients and guests. (Please note that rates do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.)
Other hotel options without negotiated rates: