Browse this page
Treating the full spectrum of heart diseases and cardiovascular conditions
At the Cardiology Center, the health and comfort of our patients is the utmost priority. We are increasing access to care by offering coordinated and convenient cardiology services close to where you live and work. The cardiologists at our center are equipped to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of mild to complex heart diseases and conditions.
Our doctors provide world-class, comprehensive cardiology services in a compassionate, patient-focused environment. We employ state-of-the art medical technology, including integrated health records that update providers across the entire MedStar Health system.
Health and safety protocols
COVID-19 Safety Information
During this global health crisis, we are taking steps to protect our visitors and our healthcare providers. Health and safety are always our top priority.
Here's what you can expect from an in-office visit:
- Face masks required for everyone, regardless of symptoms
- Frequent disinfecting and cleaning of public spaces and exam rooms, including after every clinical visit
- Screening all patients and visitors for symptoms upon arrival
- Sanitizing stations throughout the facility
- No visitors permitted unless necessary
- Only one visitor is permitted to accompany the patient, such as a caregiver or a parent
- Cardiology care
- Electrophysiology services
MedStar Shah Medical Group accepts most major health insurance plans. This is a general list of plans accepted and should be used only as a guide. This list is subject to change. If you are uncertain as to whether your individual health insurance plan is accepted at MedStar Shah Medical Group, please call your insurance company.
List of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna Better Health – Maryland Health Choice*
- Aetna Medicare
- Amerigroup of Maryland – Maryland Health Choice*
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BlueCard)
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage
- CIGNA Health Care
- CIGNA Medicare Advantage*
- Coventry Health Care*
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare (EHP/USFHP)*
- Maryland Physicians Care (“MPC”) – Maryland Health Choice
- Maryland Medicaid Fee for Service
- Medicare Part B
- MedStar Family Choice – MD Maryland Health Choice
- MedStar Select
- Priority Partners – Maryland Health Choice*
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- TRICARE East/HUMANA Military
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Select
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Medicare
- United Healthcare Community Plan – Maryland Health Choice
- Veteran’s Affairs Community Care Network/VACCN
MedStar Health Providers participate with a wide range of health insurance products. We accept self-pay patients and the insurance plans listed below. This list is not comprehensive, it is updated periodically and is subject to change. If you do not see your health insurance plan or product listed, or if you have any questions regarding MedStar Health’s participation with your health plan, please contact your health plan to verify participation with our providers.
Since the MedStar Health providers span the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia regions, our participation with DC, Maryland and Virginia Medical Assistance programs varies by provider group. Please contact your MedStar physician’s office to assist with verifying Medical Assistance participation. If you are enrolled in a Medicaid Managed Care Organization, please contact your Medicaid health plan to verify participation.