When you need to know what to do next, MedStar Health cancer teams are here with leading technology and compassionate care tailored to your cancer diagnosis. Our teams bring together the expertise of world-renowned doctors supported by registered nurses, nutritionists, pharmacists, and other specialists, as well as innovative researchers working on new techniques and cancer treatments, all to provide you with the care you deserve. MedStar Health has state-of-the-art facilities for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The Medstar Georgetown Cancer Institute and MedStar Health Cancer Institute bring together the top doctors to provide you with compassionate care. With information tailored to your experience, leading technology, and a staff dedicated to collaboration, you can rest assured that MedStar Health is the place for a supportive healing experience. Through our care and customized cancer treatment plans, we help you to regain control of your life.
The MedStar Health Cancer Network
The MedStar Health Cancer Network is comprised of MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital, MedStar Harbor Hospital, and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.
- Earned Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). Learn more.
- Recipient of the 2015 Outstanding Achievement Award from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Learn more.
- The Breast Center at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Breast Centers.
- The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons has granted its three-year Approval with Commendation to MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital's cancer program.
- MedStar Harbor Hospital has a partnership with the BCCP and Survivors Offering Support where trained breast cancer survivors mentor newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. Learn more.
- The Breast Center at MedStar Union Memorial is one of the few sites in the region and the country to participate in vaccine trials for breast cancer.
The MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute
The MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute is comprised of MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, and MedStar National Rehabilitation Network.
- National Accreditation from the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center is one of only 45 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation to be a designated comprehensive cancer center by the National Cancer Institute.
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center offers a variety of cancer supports groups. Learn more.
- The Cancer Rehabilitation Program at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (Medstar NRH) is offered at all of our outpatient sites.
- The Cancer Preventorium at MedStar Washington Hospital Center is one of the few centers in the Washington metropolitan area dedicated exclusively to cancer prevention and detection where patients see a board-certified cancer prevention physician.
Learn about our MedStar Health Surgical Oncology team in the Washington, D.C. region. Click here.
Types of Cancers We Treat and Cancer Treatments
Types of Cancer
Our doctors are experts in their fields and provide you with patient-focused care. We treat many different cancers including:
Cancer Treatment Options
Our doctors will discuss all your cancer treatments options available to you based on your diagnosis. Some of the treatments we offer include are: